Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Oxford American Examines The Music of Tennessee
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Morning Edition Play
Chattanooga, TN – Morning Edition will premiere its first original radio play, "I'd Rather Eat Pants", in five daily eight-minute segments from December 16-20, 2002. The play was recorded live at Thye Museum of Television and Radio in Beverly Hills on November 1 as part of the grand opening of NPR West, NPR's new L.A.-base multimedia production center.
The humorous five-act play, directed by noted Broadway director Gordon Hunt, is the story of an elderly couple's trek from New York to Los Angeles on a young slacker's motorcycle to find fame, fortune and a whole lot more.
Written by playwright and screenwriter Peter Ackerman for NPR and produced by Susan Albert Loewenberg with L.A. Theatre Works, the play stars legendary actors Ed Asner and Anne Meara, as well as Ed Begley, Jr., Jonathan Banks, Clea Lewis and Derek Cecil from ABC's Push, Nevada. NPR's Susan Stamberg and Bob Edwards also have roles.
You can find more information on the NPR Member Station Site: