Most Active Stories
- School Stabbing Suspect Was 'Nice Young Boy,' Attorney Says
- ‘We Are a Country of Cults’: A Conversation with Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl
- Stereotypes Of Appalachia Obscure A Diverse Picture
- A Look at 'A Life,' as Chattanooga's First Major Film Festival Begins
- UTC Conference Addresses Youth Sports Injuries
Muppet's Elmo Campaigns To Carry Olympic Torch
Originally published on Thu June 14, 2012 12:07 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Eight thousand people will carry the Olympic torch before it reaches London to open the summer games, though one would-be torch barer isn't even human. He's a small red fuzzy monster.
KEVIN CLASH: (As Elmo) Elmo's ready to start training to be a monster torch-bearer. Yay. Oh, oh, Cramp, cramp.
MONTAGNE: That's a video out this week for Elmo's campaign, ElmOlympian. He hopes to become the first monster to carry the torch. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.