Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
National Human Trafficking Awareness Event at Chattanooga Choo Choo January 10
Unite. Wear White. That is the theme for the National Human Trafficking Awareness Day and the Chattanooga Coalition Against Human Trafficking will be at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Imperial Ballroom on Friday, January 10th beginning at 9:00 am with information on how to get involved locally in the fight against human trafficking.
Attendees are asked to wear white in honor of the survivors of human trafficking and for all those still in need of help. The keynote speaker for the event is Western Tennessee US Attorney Ed Stanton III. Stanton has been involved in a Civil Rights Unit in Memphis Tennessee that has worked to protect the victims of human trafficking. Since the formation of the Civil Rights Unit in 2011 Memphis has ranked as the top District Attorneys' office in the prosecution of human trafficking offenses.