Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Navy Week 2011
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – The United States Navy is celebrating Navy Week 2011 in the city of Chattanooga. More than 400 miles from the ocean, this location may seem an unlikely location for the Navy to visit but bringing Navy Week to Chattanooga is an exciting adventure for everyone involved. The US Navy will be visible in several events all over town this week with the elite parachuting team, Leap Frogs making a landing at several events. The Navy Band is playing at Riverbend and you can get a chance to Snap a Sailor by posing for pictures with sailors serving on the USS Tennessee.