Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Dark Crime Wanted
New Chattanooga Book Imprint Focuses on Noir Genre
The imprint is called Tennessee Noir.
Some of the most important contemporary noir writers are Daniel Woodrell, James Sallis, and Megan Abbott. Noir, which is closely related to the hardboiled crime genre, usually focuses on a victim, suspect, or criminal instead of the classical detective or sheriff. A new book imprint based out of Chattanooga is focusing on this genre.