Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- Chris Dortch Previews the Chattanooga Film Festival
- Thursday, March 19’s Giveaway: a GoPro HERO Cam
Dark Crime Wanted
New Chattanooga Book Imprint Focuses on Noir Genre
The imprint is called Tennessee Noir.
Some of the most important contemporary noir writers are Daniel Woodrell, James Sallis, and Megan Abbott. Noir, which is closely related to the hardboiled crime genre, usually focuses on a victim, suspect, or criminal instead of the classical detective or sheriff. A new book imprint based out of Chattanooga is focusing on this genre.