Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga to Perform 'Requiem for the Living'
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
Dark Crime Wanted
New Chattanooga Book Imprint Focuses on Noir Genre
The imprint is called Tennessee Noir.
Some of the most important contemporary noir writers are Daniel Woodrell, James Sallis, and Megan Abbott. Noir, which is closely related to the hardboiled crime genre, usually focuses on a victim, suspect, or criminal instead of the classical detective or sheriff. A new book imprint based out of Chattanooga is focusing on this genre.