Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Dark Crime Wanted
New Chattanooga Book Imprint Focuses on Noir Genre
The imprint is called Tennessee Noir.
Some of the most important contemporary noir writers are Daniel Woodrell, James Sallis, and Megan Abbott. Noir, which is closely related to the hardboiled crime genre, usually focuses on a victim, suspect, or criminal instead of the classical detective or sheriff. A new book imprint based out of Chattanooga is focusing on this genre.