Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
New National Study from the American Cancer Society
Chattanooga is one of the cities chosen by the American Cancer Society to participate in the newest Cancer prevention study. The study is known as CPS-3, and Chattanoogans can learn how to become involved by visiting the enrollment site.
It’s the third study of its kind. According to a press release, the first two studies “played a major role in understanding cancer prevention and risk.” The American Cancer Society says the new study will help researchers better understand the cause of the disease. The CPS-3 study will include over a half a million people.