Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
New National Study from the American Cancer Society
Chattanooga is one of the cities chosen by the American Cancer Society to participate in the newest Cancer prevention study. The study is known as CPS-3, and Chattanoogans can learn how to become involved by visiting the enrollment site.
It’s the third study of its kind. According to a press release, the first two studies “played a major role in understanding cancer prevention and risk.” The American Cancer Society says the new study will help researchers better understand the cause of the disease. The CPS-3 study will include over a half a million people.