Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
New Years at Noon at the Creative Discovery Museum
This event includes a countdown before noon, Father Time and the New Year Baby, apple juice toasts, and confetti falling at the end of the countdown. Children can also make their own hats and shakers for the parade at noon.
According to Henry Schulson, Executive Director of the Creative Discovery Museum, the annual New Years at Noon event provides an opportunity for all members of the family to celebrate the end of the old year and start of a new one. For many families it has become an annual tradition to celebrate the passing of time in an environment suitable for all ages that does not require small children to stay up late to enjoy the holiday. All New Years at Noon activities are included with regular admission to the Creative Discovery Museum. Revelers are encouraged to show up no later than 11:30 to participate.
Arts & Culture