Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
New Years at Noon at the Creative Discovery Museum
This event includes a countdown before noon, Father Time and the New Year Baby, apple juice toasts, and confetti falling at the end of the countdown. Children can also make their own hats and shakers for the parade at noon.
According to Henry Schulson, Executive Director of the Creative Discovery Museum, the annual New Years at Noon event provides an opportunity for all members of the family to celebrate the end of the old year and start of a new one. For many families it has become an annual tradition to celebrate the passing of time in an environment suitable for all ages that does not require small children to stay up late to enjoy the holiday. All New Years at Noon activities are included with regular admission to the Creative Discovery Museum. Revelers are encouraged to show up no later than 11:30 to participate.
Arts & Culture