Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
A Night Of Spectacle In New York City
Originally published on Thu November 29, 2012 9:18 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne, with a couple of bright moments from a city still recovering from a dark storm. On Staten Island, people were startled by this dreamlike sight: a zebra and a pony trotting down the street, chased by two men in dark suits carrying lassos. The creatures had escaped from a private menagerie. And in Manhattan last night, Rockefeller Center turned dazzling, lit up by its Christmas tree: an 80-foot spruce adorned with 45,000 lights. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.