Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
N.J. Gov. Christie Chats With 'The Boss'
Originally published on Tue November 6, 2012 12:18 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie finally met his state's favorite son. He attended more than 100 Bruce Springsteen concerts without meeting the devoted Democrat. But after the Republican governor toured storm damage with President Obama, the two embraced. Campaigning with Springsteen, the president later put the two men on the phone, matching the Boss with the governor who once sang Springsteen music in a TV appearance.
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "THUNDER ROAD")
GOVERNOR CHRIS CHRISTIE: (Singing) ...tight, take hold, Thunder Road.
INSKEEP: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.