Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
With Nod To 'Texts From Hillary' Guys, Clinton Joins Twitter
With that bit of social media swagger on Monday, @HillaryClinton joined Twitter.
Her shout-out is to Adam Smith and Stacy Lambe, the guys who last year started a meme by taking a photo of Clinton — in sunglasses and looking at her mobile device — and paring it with "texts from Hillary." They were often funny responses she supposedly sent to other famous folks' messages.
— President Obama: "Hey Hil, Whatchu doing?"
— Clinton: "Running the world."
Now Clinton is using that "texts from Hillary" photo on her Twitter page, And she's describing herself there this way:
"Wife, mom, lawyer, women & kids advocate, FLOAR, FLOTUS, US Senator, SecState, author, dog owner, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, glass ceiling cracker, TBD ..."
-- FLOAR = first lady of Arkansas.
-- FLOTUS = first lady of the United States.
-- TBD = 2016 presidential contender?
Note: In its first hour, @HillaryClinton attracted more than 70,000 followers, perhaps in part due to a "welcome tweet" from @billclinton.