Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
With Nod To 'Texts From Hillary' Guys, Clinton Joins Twitter
With that bit of social media swagger on Monday, @HillaryClinton joined Twitter.
Her shout-out is to Adam Smith and Stacy Lambe, the guys who last year started a meme by taking a photo of Clinton — in sunglasses and looking at her mobile device — and paring it with "texts from Hillary." They were often funny responses she supposedly sent to other famous folks' messages.
— President Obama: "Hey Hil, Whatchu doing?"
— Clinton: "Running the world."
Now Clinton is using that "texts from Hillary" photo on her Twitter page, And she's describing herself there this way:
"Wife, mom, lawyer, women & kids advocate, FLOAR, FLOTUS, US Senator, SecState, author, dog owner, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, glass ceiling cracker, TBD ..."
-- FLOAR = first lady of Arkansas.
-- FLOTUS = first lady of the United States.
-- TBD = 2016 presidential contender?
Note: In its first hour, @HillaryClinton attracted more than 70,000 followers, perhaps in part due to a "welcome tweet" from @billclinton.