Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
With Nod To 'Texts From Hillary' Guys, Clinton Joins Twitter
With that bit of social media swagger on Monday, @HillaryClinton joined Twitter.
Her shout-out is to Adam Smith and Stacy Lambe, the guys who last year started a meme by taking a photo of Clinton — in sunglasses and looking at her mobile device — and paring it with "texts from Hillary." They were often funny responses she supposedly sent to other famous folks' messages.
— President Obama: "Hey Hil, Whatchu doing?"
— Clinton: "Running the world."
Now Clinton is using that "texts from Hillary" photo on her Twitter page, And she's describing herself there this way:
"Wife, mom, lawyer, women & kids advocate, FLOAR, FLOTUS, US Senator, SecState, author, dog owner, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, glass ceiling cracker, TBD ..."
-- FLOAR = first lady of Arkansas.
-- FLOTUS = first lady of the United States.
-- TBD = 2016 presidential contender?
Note: In its first hour, @HillaryClinton attracted more than 70,000 followers, perhaps in part due to a "welcome tweet" from @billclinton.