Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
With Nod To 'Texts From Hillary' Guys, Clinton Joins Twitter
With that bit of social media swagger on Monday, @HillaryClinton joined Twitter.
Her shout-out is to Adam Smith and Stacy Lambe, the guys who last year started a meme by taking a photo of Clinton — in sunglasses and looking at her mobile device — and paring it with "texts from Hillary." They were often funny responses she supposedly sent to other famous folks' messages.
— President Obama: "Hey Hil, Whatchu doing?"
— Clinton: "Running the world."
Now Clinton is using that "texts from Hillary" photo on her Twitter page, And she's describing herself there this way:
"Wife, mom, lawyer, women & kids advocate, FLOAR, FLOTUS, US Senator, SecState, author, dog owner, hair icon, pantsuit aficionado, glass ceiling cracker, TBD ..."
-- FLOAR = first lady of Arkansas.
-- FLOTUS = first lady of the United States.
-- TBD = 2016 presidential contender?
Note: In its first hour, @HillaryClinton attracted more than 70,000 followers, perhaps in part due to a "welcome tweet" from @billclinton.