Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
'Not Going To See This Again': Obama's Poignant Pause To Look Back At Crowd
Originally published on Mon January 21, 2013 2:36 pm
As he walked up the steps and back into the Capitol today following his inaugural address, President Obama paused and turned around to look back.
"I want to take a look," he could be heard saying, because "I'm not going to see this again."
And for nearly 20 seconds, as Vice President Biden, members of Congress and others passed by, the president of the United States stood in place; looking back.
It was a sight — the hundreds of thousands of people on the National Mall — that only presidents can appreciate in the way Obama seemed to be. The C-SPAN video, posted here by TPM, captures the unique moment.