Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
NPR World Of Opera
By Mark Colbert
Chattanooga, TN. –
NPR WORLD OF OPERA RETURNS
TO WUTC, SATURDAYS AT 1:30 PM
World Of Opera with host Lisa Simone brings you the world of tradegy and triumph, passion and seduction, intrigue and disaster, jealousies and dreams. These heart-felt emotions can now be experienced on Saturdays at 1:30 PM.
World Of Opera offers compelling performances from top American and international opera companies. World Of Opera encompasses the seminal operas of the 17th century; the comic, political, and social satires of the 18th century; the bel canto masterpieces of Gaetano Donizetti and Vincenzo Bellini; the revolutionary 19th century works of Giuseppe Verdi and Richard Wagner, and, of course, operas in the true-to-life verismo style of Puccini and Mascagni.
World Of Opera begins Saturday, May 1st and runs until the start of the 2004-2005 Metropolitan Opera season.
May 1st - Florian Leopold Gassmann: Opera Seria
May 8th - Camille Saint-Saens: Samson and Delilah
May 15th - Joseph Bodin De Boismortier: Daphnis et Chloe
May 22nd - Carlisle Floyd: Of Mice And Men
May 29th - Giuseppe Verdi: La battaglia di Legnano
June 5th - Francesco Cilea: Adriana Lecouvreur
June 12th - Gioacchino Rossini: La Donna del Lago
June 19th - Giuseppe Verdi: Attila
June 26th - Georges Bizet: The Pearl Fishers