Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Around the Nation
Nudist Convention Meets In Sunshine State
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 11:52 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Tampa will host the Republican National Convention. A big honor, but nothing compared to this week's convention in a Tampa suburb. It's the American Association of Nude Recreation convention. Channel 10 News covered the event from head to toe. Like the GOP, this group nominates someone for president, though they debate issues in a place labeled the Bare Buns Cafe. One attendee said I've never seen so many people with such beautiful eyes. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.