Most Active Stories
- What Frank Tavares, the ‘Voice of NPR,’ is Doing Today
- Chattanooga Native Bill Dedman Co-Authors ‘Empty Mansions’ Bestseller
- Local Infant Mortality Rates Decrease, But African-Americans Still Disproportionately Affected
- Ask the Doc: Should I Eat Backwards?
- Kentucky Southern Baptists Draw Crowds With Gun Giveaways
Around the Nation
Nudist Convention Meets In Sunshine State
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 11:52 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Tampa will host the Republican National Convention. A big honor, but nothing compared to this week's convention in a Tampa suburb. It's the American Association of Nude Recreation convention. Channel 10 News covered the event from head to toe. Like the GOP, this group nominates someone for president, though they debate issues in a place labeled the Bare Buns Cafe. One attendee said I've never seen so many people with such beautiful eyes. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.