Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
N.Y. Yankees Win With Help From Raul Ibanez
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Critics say the New York Yankees buy championships, but last night they did without their $30 million man. In the bottom of the ninth in the playoffs against Baltimore, manager Joe Girardi sat down struggling Alex Rodriguez. He sent in pinch-hitter Raul Ibanez, who makes a tiny fraction of the money. He hit a home run to tie the game, then another home run in extra innings as the Yankees won. Ibanez said afterward, I don't even really remember what happened. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.