Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
Around the Nation
Ohio Church Makes Lenten Ashes Easy To Receive
Originally published on Thu February 23, 2012 7:30 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The season of Lent has begun for Christians, and one church in Cincinnati made Ash Wednesday easier for parishioners too busy to get to services on a weekday. Mount Healthy United Methodist Church offered a drive-through blessing. Believers got the traditional cross of ashes smudged onto their foreheads without getting out of their cars. Ashes on the go has caught on around the country, with blessings at bus stops, campuses and even a Starbucks. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.