Most Active Stories
- In Libya, Gadhafi's Son, Saif Al-Islam, Is Sentenced To Death In Absentia
- Reflections Gallery on Lee Highway is Celebrating The Rural South
- Hillary Clinton Releases 8 Years Of Tax Returns
- First Chattanooga Shooting Victim Is Laid To Rest
- Thousands Line Funeral Procession Route for Petty Officer 2nd Class Randall Smith
Arts & Culture
The Oldest Monster at Haunted Caverns Gets a Mask
One gentleman answered a Monsters Wanted add in the paper in 2004 and became one of the original monsters at the Haunted Caverns. Doug Norwood has been haunting Ruby Falls ever since but something is different for Doug this year. He will be sporting a new ghoulish mask when he entertains people waiting in line to travel into the belly of the mountain and wander into caverns that are only open for the Haunted Caverns this month.
The regular Ruby Falls attraction is open during the day at Ruby Falls but the regular cavern closes a bit early to make room for the monsters and mayhem that takes place every evening in another part of the caverns. The Haunted Caverns opens a portion of the cave system inside Lookout Mountain that is rarely seen by the public. Once you have survived the cavern, a bus will bring you back to the parking lot on the other side of the mountain. The Haunted Caverns opens at 7:30 every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through November 2nd. The caverns will also be open on Halloween night, Thursday October 31st. The last tickets sales of the evening is 11:30 on Friday and Saturday while Sunday evening the last tickets are sold at 10:00 pm.