Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Contemplation On Taxation
Is Online Shopping Really Tax-Free In TN?
We asked our listeners a question on our Facebook page recently: Are you planning to shop online for Cyber Monday? One person who responded said: "Yup! Tennessee is still tax free online."
We knew this wasn't quite true. But what exactly is the law in Tennessee about paying taxes for online purchases? Does it matter if you break it? Billy Trout, from Tennessee's Department of Revenue, gives his two cents.