Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Contemplation On Taxation
Is Online Shopping Really Tax-Free In TN?
We asked our listeners a question on our Facebook page recently: Are you planning to shop online for Cyber Monday? One person who responded said: "Yup! Tennessee is still tax free online."
We knew this wasn't quite true. But what exactly is the law in Tennessee about paying taxes for online purchases? Does it matter if you break it? Billy Trout, from Tennessee's Department of Revenue, gives his two cents.