Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Contemplation On Taxation
Is Online Shopping Really Tax-Free In TN?
We asked our listeners a question on our Facebook page recently: Are you planning to shop online for Cyber Monday? One person who responded said: "Yup! Tennessee is still tax free online."
We knew this wasn't quite true. But what exactly is the law in Tennessee about paying taxes for online purchases? Does it matter if you break it? Billy Trout, from Tennessee's Department of Revenue, gives his two cents.