Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Contemplation On Taxation
Is Online Shopping Really Tax-Free In TN?
We asked our listeners a question on our Facebook page recently: Are you planning to shop online for Cyber Monday? One person who responded said: "Yup! Tennessee is still tax free online."
We knew this wasn't quite true. But what exactly is the law in Tennessee about paying taxes for online purchases? Does it matter if you break it? Billy Trout, from Tennessee's Department of Revenue, gives his two cents.