Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
Arts & Culture
Open Spaces Brings Interactive Art to the City Center
The River City Company is calling for proposals to turn empty storefronts in the City Center in to interactive animated Open Spaces.
The goal of Open Spaces is to animate empty store fronts so that the city center will be a more inviting and active space. As more residential spaces are developed in the city, the animated store fronts may encourage prospective business owner to lease the space. The multi tiered system to determine what goes in those empty store fronts is designed to encourage artists and designers to bring light and color to the area. Elements that provide interaction with people who walk by the building are encouraged. The deadline to submit proposals for Open Spaces is July 2, 2014 by 5:00 pm.