Most Active Stories
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
Arts & Culture
Open Spaces Brings Interactive Art to the City Center
The River City Company is calling for proposals to turn empty storefronts in the City Center in to interactive animated Open Spaces.
The goal of Open Spaces is to animate empty store fronts so that the city center will be a more inviting and active space. As more residential spaces are developed in the city, the animated store fronts may encourage prospective business owner to lease the space. The multi tiered system to determine what goes in those empty store fronts is designed to encourage artists and designers to bring light and color to the area. Elements that provide interaction with people who walk by the building are encouraged. The deadline to submit proposals for Open Spaces is July 2, 2014 by 5:00 pm.