Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
Osama Bin Laden's Hideout City Plans Makeover
Originally published on Tue February 5, 2013 1:47 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
Abbottabad, Pakistan became world famous in 2011. Osama bin Laden was killed at his hiding place there. Now, the city plans an image makeover. It plans a family-friendly amusement park. The Hazara Heritage Park and Amusement City will include restaurants, mini golf, a butterfly zoo and a lake. A lawmaker tells the Guardian newspapers the park should reassure the world the city is not full of militants and is safe.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.