Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Out-Of-This-World Nuptials For London Klingon Couple
Originally published on Mon October 22, 2012 8:11 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Theme weddings are nothing new, but then there are some nuptials that can be out of this world. A bride and groom were married at a Star Trek convention in London. It was a Klingon ceremony. The bride and groom wore prosthetic foreheads and wigs, you know, to look like the aliens from the series. Part of the ceremony was even delivered in Klingon language. The officiant(ph) said that was challenging, but at least Klingon is similar to Welsh. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.