Most Active Stories
- 12/19 - 21, WEAVE's Christmas Dance Show Features Funk, Hip Hop, Ballet & More
- Mach Fuels Converts Cars, Trucks to Gas/CNG Bi-Fuel Systems
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
From Memphis to Monteagle
Oxford American Examines The Music of Tennessee
Oxford American just released their annual Southern Music Issue, which focuses on the music of Tennessee.
With Johnny Cash on the cover, there are essays examining historic radio stations in the state, Stax Records, and Chattanooga's own Bessie Smith. Poetry from Jamie Quatro and fiction from Lucy Alibar also appear in the issue.
In this conversation, Roger D. Hodge, editor of Oxford American, discusses the variety of music in Tennessee, Johnny Cash's presence in the issue, and the state's contribution to American music.