Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Around the Nation
PayPal Glitch Makes Pa. Man Very Rich
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 7:45 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
For a moment, Chris Reynolds was the world's richest man. The Pennsylvania resident checked his PayPal account, expecting a zero balance. Instead he found a credit of more than $92 quadrillion. That 17-digit figure did revert back to zero when PayPal corrected the glitch. Still, a guy can dream. As to how he would have spent the money, Reynolds said: Payoff the national debt, then maybe buy the Phillies.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.