Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Pennsylvania's Voter ID Law Faces Court Challenge
Several groups are challenging Pennsylvania's law requiring voters to show an approved photo ID at their polling place. Opponents claim it could prevent thousands of people — mostly poor and minorities — from voting in November. But the law's backers say it's needed to ensure the integrity of elections.