Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
PHOTOS: In Washington, A Historic Day; Gay Marriage, Marijuana Are Legal
Originally published on Thu December 6, 2012 6:26 pm
History was made at midnight in Washington on two fronts last night: Bans on both gay marriage and recreational marijuana use were lifted.
As you might expect, as the sun set and the clock struck 12, there were scenes of celebration across the state's biggest city. The pictures tell the story, so with that here are five photographs from Seattle.