Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
PHOTOS: In Washington, A Historic Day; Gay Marriage, Marijuana Are Legal
Originally published on Thu December 6, 2012 6:26 pm
History was made at midnight in Washington on two fronts last night: Bans on both gay marriage and recreational marijuana use were lifted.
As you might expect, as the sun set and the clock struck 12, there were scenes of celebration across the state's biggest city. The pictures tell the story, so with that here are five photographs from Seattle.