Most Active Stories
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- Chris Dortch Previews the Chattanooga Film Festival
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Poison Prevention Is Up To You
The number one cause of injury deaths in the state of Tennessee is poison. National Poison Prevention Week provides an opportunity to remind communities about what you can do to reduce accidental poisoning.
The Tennessee Poison Center in Nashville is the Tennessee Department of Health certified poison control center for the State of Tennessee. The hotline is available 24 hours a day and is answered by medical professionals that are experts in poison response.
Some poison prevention tips include:
- Store Poisons Safely
- Use Poisons Safely
- Teach Children to Ask Before Eating or Drinking
Be sure to program the hotline number into your cell phone for quick access.
The hotline number is: 1-800-222-1222.