Most Active Stories
- How Your Brain Remembers Where You Parked The Car
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Locals Rally, Marry After SCOTUS Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
Poison Prevention Is Up To You
The number one cause of injury deaths in the state of Tennessee is poison. National Poison Prevention Week provides an opportunity to remind communities about what you can do to reduce accidental poisoning.
The Tennessee Poison Center in Nashville is the Tennessee Department of Health certified poison control center for the State of Tennessee. The hotline is available 24 hours a day and is answered by medical professionals that are experts in poison response.
Some poison prevention tips include:
- Store Poisons Safely
- Use Poisons Safely
- Teach Children to Ask Before Eating or Drinking
Be sure to program the hotline number into your cell phone for quick access.
The hotline number is: 1-800-222-1222.