Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Poison Prevention Is Up To You
The number one cause of injury deaths in the state of Tennessee is poison. National Poison Prevention Week provides an opportunity to remind communities about what you can do to reduce accidental poisoning.
The Tennessee Poison Center in Nashville is the Tennessee Department of Health certified poison control center for the State of Tennessee. The hotline is available 24 hours a day and is answered by medical professionals that are experts in poison response.
Some poison prevention tips include:
- Store Poisons Safely
- Use Poisons Safely
- Teach Children to Ask Before Eating or Drinking
Be sure to program the hotline number into your cell phone for quick access.
The hotline number is: 1-800-222-1222.