Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Pope Benedict Has His Own Custom Cologne
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Pope Benedict has something of a reputation for style. He's been seen wearing Gucci sunglasses and his red Prada loafers earned him the title of Accessorizer of the Year by Esquire. Now the pope has his own scent. An Italian perfume maker was commissioned by the Vatican to create the custom cologne. The exact formula is top secret, but it's rumored to have hints of lime, verbena and grass, presumably reflecting the pontiff's love of nature. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.