Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Popular Baby Names For 2013
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. Hot off the presses: here are some baby names that might be popular in 2013. Roy, Frank, Bertha. Turns out, parents are increasingly naming newborns after grandparents. That is one new trend, according to the fabulously named baby website, Belly Ballot. They are also predicting first names that sound like last names. Think: Kennedy. And expect to hear some tech-inspired names like Kindle and hashtag. Oh, good morning, Hashtag. This should be interesting. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.