Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Around the Nation
Pregnant Woman Delivers Baby In Stuck Elevator
Originally published on Thu January 19, 2012 10:36 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with congratulations to Katie Thacker. The Tacoma, Washington woman went into labor. She stepped into an elevator at St. Joseph Medical Center on the way to the maternity ward and the elevator got stuck. Ms. Thacker says she doesn't remember much about what happened next, but she came out of that elevator with a baby named Blake. A fully accurate birth certificate would give the place of birth as somewhere just below the 14th floor. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.