Most Active Stories
- Catching A Southern Coyote, Then Letting It Go In The Name Of Science
- FCC Could Allow EPB to Expand Gigabit Internet Service
- Photography & Persuasion: A Conversation with Billy Weeks, Doug Strickland and Dr. Michael Friedman
- Start It Up Episode 16: GPS Goes Mad, Bad, and Dangerous!
- UTC Partners With Zoo, Other Organizations to Help Animals
Around the Nation
President Obama Crashes Iowa Wedding
Originally published on Thu September 20, 2012 7:53 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A Des Moines couple learned of a sudden change to their wedding. WOI reports the president held a campaign rally at the same location. After that disruption, they received a gift bag with a silver tray and a note from Barack Obama. The newlyweds are not Democrats, but the groom says, love him or hate him, it's a gift from the president. He says the president should leave a lifetime tax exemption the next time he crashes a wedding, but that leads to a whole other story. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.