Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
President Obama Crashes Iowa Wedding
Originally published on Thu September 20, 2012 7:53 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A Des Moines couple learned of a sudden change to their wedding. WOI reports the president held a campaign rally at the same location. After that disruption, they received a gift bag with a silver tray and a note from Barack Obama. The newlyweds are not Democrats, but the groom says, love him or hate him, it's a gift from the president. He says the president should leave a lifetime tax exemption the next time he crashes a wedding, but that leads to a whole other story. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.