Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Rats Are Good Luck For NHL's Florida Panthers
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. In the 1990s, a player on the Florida Panthers earned a place in pro hockey lore. He found a rat in the dressing room and whacked it with his hockey stick. Panthers fans are now encouraged to litter the ice with plastic rats after a win, but not during the game. In a playoff game Saturday, a player from the opposing New Jersey Devils raced for the puck and kicked a toy rat instead. Fans are ignoring warnings they could be ejected for rat tossing. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.