Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
United Way Event
Read-A-Palooza Promotes Youth Literacy in Chattanooga
This carnival of reading will offer book readings, inflatable bouncy fun, and activities with a focus on early literacy and education. Carnival games offer prizes as well as fun.
The parents of children under age 5 will have the opportunity to sign up for the Imagination Library and receive free books mailed to their home each month until the child is 5 years old. There is also a learning checkup for children ages birth to 5 years. A free family pass to the Creative Discovery Museum is provided for children completing the learning checkup.
Read-A-Palooza is celebrated as part of United Way's Day of Action, providing a variety of options for community involvement and volunteerism.