Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
United Way Event
Read-A-Palooza Promotes Youth Literacy in Chattanooga
This carnival of reading will offer book readings, inflatable bouncy fun, and activities with a focus on early literacy and education. Carnival games offer prizes as well as fun.
The parents of children under age 5 will have the opportunity to sign up for the Imagination Library and receive free books mailed to their home each month until the child is 5 years old. There is also a learning checkup for children ages birth to 5 years. A free family pass to the Creative Discovery Museum is provided for children completing the learning checkup.
Read-A-Palooza is celebrated as part of United Way's Day of Action, providing a variety of options for community involvement and volunteerism.