Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Reality Check: UAW ‘Ate Detroit’? And Chattanooga’s on the Menu?
The unionization vote at Chattanooga’s Volkswagen plant has spurred impassioned debate. Various pro-union and anti-union organizations are in the Scenic City, attempting to persuade local VW workers to vote one way or another. One group put up billboards around town that say, “Auto Unions Ate Detroit. Next Meal: Chattanooga?”
In this segment, WUTC’s Michael Edward Miller talks to several experts with different viewpoints on how much blame the United Auto Workers should share for Detroit’s decline, how unionization could affect Chattanooga’s VW plant, and whether rhetoric surrounding this vote has gotten out of hand.