Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Red Riders and Tour de Cure
Tour de Cure is Saturday, May 19th all across America. It is a bicycle ride to raise funds and awareness for the American Diabetes Association. A team of energetic young bicycle riders have been training for Tour de Cure to join thousands of people across the country in support of diabetes research. The Red Riders are people with diabetes riding in Tour de Cure. Several of the young teens riding in the Chattanooga Tour have been training for months.
The young people riding in the tour de Cure in Chattanooga have been mentored by adults living with diabetes through Partners and Peers, a nonprofit organization that promotes awareness and education about living with diabetes.