Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Republicans, Booksellers React to Obama's Chattanooga Visit
NPR's Ari Shapiro speaks with a couple of Republican lawmakers about President Obama's speech in Chattanooga on Tuesday. Mr. Obama wants to lower corporate tax rates to create new jobs, but the Republicans say taxes should be lowered for individual business owners as well as corporations. Meanwhile, the American Booksellers Association is criticizing Mr. Obama for choosing an Amazon fulfillment center as the location for his speech. They claim Amazon unfairly undercuts book prices, which makes it difficult for independent booksellers to compete.