Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Republicans, Booksellers React to Obama's Chattanooga Visit
NPR's Ari Shapiro speaks with a couple of Republican lawmakers about President Obama's speech in Chattanooga on Tuesday. Mr. Obama wants to lower corporate tax rates to create new jobs, but the Republicans say taxes should be lowered for individual business owners as well as corporations. Meanwhile, the American Booksellers Association is criticizing Mr. Obama for choosing an Amazon fulfillment center as the location for his speech. They claim Amazon unfairly undercuts book prices, which makes it difficult for independent booksellers to compete.