Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Republicans, Booksellers React to Obama's Chattanooga Visit
NPR's Ari Shapiro speaks with a couple of Republican lawmakers about President Obama's speech in Chattanooga on Tuesday. Mr. Obama wants to lower corporate tax rates to create new jobs, but the Republicans say taxes should be lowered for individual business owners as well as corporations. Meanwhile, the American Booksellers Association is criticizing Mr. Obama for choosing an Amazon fulfillment center as the location for his speech. They claim Amazon unfairly undercuts book prices, which makes it difficult for independent booksellers to compete.