Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
Republicans, Booksellers React to Obama's Chattanooga Visit
NPR's Ari Shapiro speaks with a couple of Republican lawmakers about President Obama's speech in Chattanooga on Tuesday. Mr. Obama wants to lower corporate tax rates to create new jobs, but the Republicans say taxes should be lowered for individual business owners as well as corporations. Meanwhile, the American Booksellers Association is criticizing Mr. Obama for choosing an Amazon fulfillment center as the location for his speech. They claim Amazon unfairly undercuts book prices, which makes it difficult for independent booksellers to compete.