Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Republicans, Booksellers React to Obama's Chattanooga Visit
NPR's Ari Shapiro speaks with a couple of Republican lawmakers about President Obama's speech in Chattanooga on Tuesday. Mr. Obama wants to lower corporate tax rates to create new jobs, but the Republicans say taxes should be lowered for individual business owners as well as corporations. Meanwhile, the American Booksellers Association is criticizing Mr. Obama for choosing an Amazon fulfillment center as the location for his speech. They claim Amazon unfairly undercuts book prices, which makes it difficult for independent booksellers to compete.