Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- Why Do Most Galaxies Die? It's A Case Of Strangulation, Scientists Say
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Harriet Tubman Wins Unofficial Contest To Be On $20 Bill
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Revisiting Mr. Rogers
The Next Generation Of Make Believe
The animated characters in the program are based on the puppets and people that populated the Neighborhood of Make Believe from Mister Roger's Neighborhood. The central character is 4 year old Daniel Tiger, son of the very shy Daniel Striped Tiger. The young Daniel will begin each show just as Fred Rogers did, changing into sneakers and singing the well known tune about "a beautiful day in the neighborhood". On August 25th from noon to 4:00 pm the Creative Discovery Museum will feature special activities introducing other children of the original characters in the Neighborhood of Make Believe and present a sneak peek of the program in the auditorium. All activities in celebration of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood are included with the price of admission to the Creative Discovery Museum. Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood debuts Labor Day on PBS.