Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
Setting the Stage
A Ride In The Wheelhouse: Docking the Riverbend Stage with Capt. Wayne Sampley
About this time every year, Riverbend's Coca-Cola stage makes the trip down the river from Haletown, Tennessee, to Ross's Landing. The stage is built on a barge, but it's trickier to move than most barges.
WUTC's Mary Helen Miller rides along with Captain Wayne Sampley as he takes the stage on the final leg of its trip to Ross's Landing and secures it in place for the music festival.