Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Setting the Stage
A Ride In The Wheelhouse: Docking the Riverbend Stage with Capt. Wayne Sampley
About this time every year, Riverbend's Coca-Cola stage makes the trip down the river from Haletown, Tennessee, to Ross's Landing. The stage is built on a barge, but it's trickier to move than most barges.
WUTC's Mary Helen Miller rides along with Captain Wayne Sampley as he takes the stage on the final leg of its trip to Ross's Landing and secures it in place for the music festival.