Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Why Some East Tennesseans Drink Raw Milk
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Filmmaker Daniel Griffith Celebrates Mystery Science Theater 3000 in New Documentary
Setting the Stage
A Ride In The Wheelhouse: Docking the Riverbend Stage with Capt. Wayne Sampley
About this time every year, Riverbend's Coca-Cola stage makes the trip down the river from Haletown, Tennessee, to Ross's Landing. The stage is built on a barge, but it's trickier to move than most barges.
WUTC's Mary Helen Miller rides along with Captain Wayne Sampley as he takes the stage on the final leg of its trip to Ross's Landing and secures it in place for the music festival.