Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Around the Nation
The Rise And Fall Of David Petraeus
Originally published on Sat November 17, 2012 7:17 pm
Former CIA Director David Petraeus went through a spectacular public downfall, just over a week ago, when news of his affair spurred his resignation.
Weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz talks to Wired senior writer Spencer Ackerman about why the media is partly to blame for Petraeus's fall from grace, Newsweek and Daily Beast reporter Michelle Cottle talks about why Petraeus should be given a break, and Temple University psychologist Frank Farley talks about why so many of our most revered leaders cheat. Finally, former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer talks about redemption following a public downfall.