Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- Chris Dortch Previews the Chattanooga Film Festival
- Thursday, March 19’s Giveaway: a GoPro HERO Cam
Rising Literary Talent Jamie Quatro Shows Us ‘More’
Grove/Atlantic published Barry Hannah, Charles Frazier and other celebrated Southern authors. Now, Grove/Atlantic is adding Jamie Quatro to their roster. Quatro’s debut collection of short stories, I Want To Show You More, comes out in March, and she visited WUTC for an interview.
(Story selections in this segment were read by Rachel Smith.)
Quatro has been called a “brilliant new voice in American fiction.” Her work has appeared in prominent literary journals such as Ploughshares, The Southern Review and Oxford American, where she’s a contributing editor. Her stories are a mesmerizing mix of magic realism, Southern lit, family tragedies, musings on internet-age marital indiscretions, and nuanced portrayals of faith in the South.
Up and Coming Writer
April 18th, 19th & 20th