Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Around the Nation
Rocket Scientist With Mohawk Is Web Sensation
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 2:39 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. While NASA put a rover on Mars, audiences were riveted by the high- stakes landing, and also by some high hair. Bobak Ferdowsi was on the mission control team when suddenly, his haircut made him famous. It's a mohawk, streaked in red and with stars dyed on the sides of his head.
"Mohawk Guy" has become an Internet star. He says he gets a new haircut for each mission, with colleagues voting on the design.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.