Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
Arts & Culture
Roman Gods & Sicilian Beaches Inspire Painter/Potter Bob Fazio
Since 2009, the stores, restaurants and galleries on the Southside have been inviting everybody down for a stroll though the neighborhood around Main Street on the final Friday of the summer months. Among the special events planned for this month’s stroll starting 5/27 at 5 p.m. is the opening reception for an exhibition of work by the local painter, potter and sculptor Bob Fazio in Area 61 on Main Street.
In this interview, Fazio chats about his work and his Sicilian heritage--the inspiration for the work in his new exhibition.