Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga to Perform 'Requiem for the Living'
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
Arts & Culture
Roman Gods & Sicilian Beaches Inspire Painter/Potter Bob Fazio
Since 2009, the stores, restaurants and galleries on the Southside have been inviting everybody down for a stroll though the neighborhood around Main Street on the final Friday of the summer months. Among the special events planned for this month’s stroll starting 5/27 at 5 p.m. is the opening reception for an exhibition of work by the local painter, potter and sculptor Bob Fazio in Area 61 on Main Street.
In this interview, Fazio chats about his work and his Sicilian heritage--the inspiration for the work in his new exhibition.