Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Colon Cancer Awareness
Rump Run Replaces Get Your Rear in Gear
The Greater Chattanooga Rump Run 5K and Fun Walk will be held at Enterprise South Nature Park on Saturday March 16, 2013.
Proceeds from the race will benefit The Greater Chattanooga Colon Cancer Foundation.
March is Colon Cancer Awareness Month. Colorectal cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer related deaths. The screening process for colorectal cancer is a very successful test that not only allows medical specialists to look for early signs of cancer, in many cases the polyps can be removed during the screening process. Early detection and treatment of colorectal cancer can often lead to a complete cure. Colorectal cancer can also be prevented through controlled diet and regular exercise.
You can learn more about colorectal cancer by attending a free education event hosted by Memorial Hospital on Wednesday, March 20 at noon. Lunch will be provided. Please register for the Colorectal Cancer Education Event no later than March 18, 2013 by calling 423-495-7827.