Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
Sarah Palin Gets A Speeding Ticket, Says She 'Can't Drive 55'
Originally published on Thu July 24, 2014 7:39 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Sarah Palin was busted for speeding. She faces a fine for exceeding the limit in Wasilla, Alaska. Now make your Sarah Palin jokes if you want. You can say she was racing to warn the British or that she was accelerating to jump the straits into Russia - you can see it from there, you know. But Palin told a joke of herself - says she was distracted by Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55." She adds, I wasn't speeding. I was qualifying. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.