Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
SARAH Project to protect elders from abuse
The Senior Services department of the Partnership for Families Children and Adults is raising awareness of elder abuse through the SARAH Project. Safety And Resources And Help is the name of the project and in addition to pubic awareness the project is educating law enforcement officers on the signs of elder abuse. Future plans include awareness programs for judges as well as supporting legislation to protect elders. The Senior Services department is also working to develop shelters for the elderly and a network of support for older people who have become the victim of their family or caregivers.