Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
SARAH Project to protect elders from abuse
The Senior Services department of the Partnership for Families Children and Adults is raising awareness of elder abuse through the SARAH Project. Safety And Resources And Help is the name of the project and in addition to pubic awareness the project is educating law enforcement officers on the signs of elder abuse. Future plans include awareness programs for judges as well as supporting legislation to protect elders. The Senior Services department is also working to develop shelters for the elderly and a network of support for older people who have become the victim of their family or caregivers.