Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
SARAH Project to protect elders from abuse
The Senior Services department of the Partnership for Families Children and Adults is raising awareness of elder abuse through the SARAH Project. Safety And Resources And Help is the name of the project and in addition to pubic awareness the project is educating law enforcement officers on the signs of elder abuse. Future plans include awareness programs for judges as well as supporting legislation to protect elders. The Senior Services department is also working to develop shelters for the elderly and a network of support for older people who have become the victim of their family or caregivers.