Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
Stuff the Bus
School Supplies will Stuff the Bus
Just about any type of school supply is needed. Some of the more popular items teachers need include copy paper, pencils, spiral notebooks, hand sanitizer, crayons and index cards.
Donations will be accepted through the rest of the summer with collections locations all across Hamilton County. This list of donation location and events is taken from the United Way web site:
- Brewhaus restaurant will host Christmas in July on Saturday, July 20, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. There will be games and special deals all day, and entertainment from 7 to 11 p.m. Proceeds will benefit United Way's Stuff the Bus.
- All Walgreens stores in Hamilton County are collecting supplies through Saturday, August 17, and beyond. Just look for the collection barrels near the store entrance.
- All Publix stores in Hamilton County are collecting supplies through Wednesday, August 14. Just look for the pre-made school supply bags near the check-out lines.
- Bring any school supply item to the Chattanooga Lookouts Back to School game on Thursday, August 8, and you can get a buy-one, get-one free General Admission ticket. The game starts at 7:15 p.m.
- The Chattanooga Market, Sunday, August 18, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Live United Day. United Way will collect supplies and cash to Stuff the Bus at the Market all day.
- United Way's Campaign Kickoff Luncheon at the Chattanooga Trade and Convention Center, Thursday, August 29, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Hamilton County PTA's Teacher Supply Depot, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the old Mary Ann Garber School, 2225 Roanoke Avenue. For more information go to www.hcptacouncil.org.
- The United Way offices at 630 Market Street can receive donations Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Comcast offices at 1948 North Point Blvd., Suite B, in Hixson, and at 2030 E. Polymer Drive near Lee Highway.