Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- So Lit Book Club discusses 'Bringing It to the Table' by Wendell Berry
Arts & Culture
Screening July 16th: Documentary About Katrina Survivor Who Wouldn't Give Up
The Chattanooga Film Society and Mise En Scenesters are presenting a documentary called I’m Carolyn Parker: the Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful on July 16th, 2012.
Parker got national attention for her refusal to let the government demolish her damaged New Orleans home after Hurricane Katrina. In this interview, Daniel Wolff, one of the producers, discusses how he and Jonathan Demme met this feisty survivor.