Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Arts & Culture
Screening July 16th: Documentary About Katrina Survivor Who Wouldn't Give Up
The Chattanooga Film Society and Mise En Scenesters are presenting a documentary called I’m Carolyn Parker: the Good, the Mad, and the Beautiful on July 16th, 2012.
Parker got national attention for her refusal to let the government demolish her damaged New Orleans home after Hurricane Katrina. In this interview, Daniel Wolff, one of the producers, discusses how he and Jonathan Demme met this feisty survivor.