Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Serve and Protect: Sustainable Seafood
The Tennessee Aquarium and local restaurants have teamed up to promote sustainable seafood practices through the Serve and Protect program.
In addition to providing information on sustainable seafood harvesting and aquaculture, the special dinners feature sustainable seafood as well as a conversation with the chef. You can find a list of participating restaurants and a schedule of events on the Tennessee Aquarium website.
Regulations in the fishing industry in the United States are helping to reduce over fishing and establish sustainable harvesting policies. People are encouraged to buy American when purchasing seafood to support sustainable practices which can be healthier for the consumer as well as the future of aquatic food sources.
Related Story: Sustainable Seafood