Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
Serve and Protect: Sustainable Seafood
The Tennessee Aquarium and local restaurants have teamed up to promote sustainable seafood practices through the Serve and Protect program.
In addition to providing information on sustainable seafood harvesting and aquaculture, the special dinners feature sustainable seafood as well as a conversation with the chef. You can find a list of participating restaurants and a schedule of events on the Tennessee Aquarium website.
Regulations in the fishing industry in the United States are helping to reduce over fishing and establish sustainable harvesting policies. People are encouraged to buy American when purchasing seafood to support sustainable practices which can be healthier for the consumer as well as the future of aquatic food sources.
Related Story: Sustainable Seafood