Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Services for College Bound Special Needs Students
Colleges and Universities work with all students to ensure success. Students with learning differences or special needs are provided with the help they need to successfully achieve their degree.
The Public Education Foundation hosted a College Knowledge Lunch Break on May 20th providing information to the parents of children with learning differences to find out about assistance to make the most out of their college experience. In this segment we spoke with Stacy Lightfoot, VP of College and Career Success at PEF. We also spoke with Scott Kramer, a successful college graduate that got the additional help he needed to prepare for his career. At the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, assistance is provided by the Disability Resource Center.