Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
For Sibyl Carmichael, Work Is Just Icing On The Cake
Sybil Carmichael decorates wedding cakes at the Sugar Shoppe in East Brainerd. She also teaches cake decorating classes there.
She first started teaching in 1979, and she says she has taught thousands of students, many of whom have gone on to have careers decorating cakes.