Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
SimCenter Provides NASA Curriculum to Girls Inc. Campers
The Build It Bolder summer camp program at Girls Inc spent some time at the SimCenter at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga building robot hands as part of NASA's Summer of Innovation curriculum activities.
For the middle school girls at the camp this summer, working to build robots was just part of the STEM based summer camp that challenged their understanding of math and science. The camp activities also worked to build teamwork and confidence while encouraging enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Girls Inc Summer Camps