Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Arts & Culture
Southern Circuit Film Series Features Modern Dance Doc
The latest Southern Tour of Independent Filmmakers screening will feature A Good Man, a documentary about controversial choreographer Bill T. Jones. Several years ago, the Ravinia Festival asked Jones to create a dance production based on Abraham Lincoln's life. Documentary filmmakers Gordon Quinn and Bob Hercules spent two years chronicling Jones's creative process.
A Good Man will screen on March 12, 2012 at 6:30 p.m. at the Loose Cannon Gallery in Chattanooga. The Chattanooga Film Society is organizing the screening, and tickets are available through their Web site.